Ever since I discovered stamped images and professional markers, and started seeing what other crafters were making, I have wanted a collection of Magnolia stamps. However, this is the only one I have so far… But I love, love, love her! She is so easy and quick to colour. She is my “go to” image for colouring therapy.
For the above card I have used the following Promarkers:
- Dusky Pink
- Mint Green
- Baby Pink
- Spectrum Noir BG2 (just for outlining the image)
The shading is done using layers of the same colour rather than different tones of pen. Just let each layer dry before applying another. The flowers are also coloured with Promarkers so that they match the card. I deliberately did not use the same depth of colour all over – you may also see some texture on them and this is where the cutting plate on my Big Shot is getting so worn. I like the effect though.
I needed to keep the finished card quite flat so I didn’t sculpt the die cut flowers (those cherry blossoms again!) and the image is not raised off the card blank. I did outline the mat with Bluebell and with my ink pad. The ribbon is from my stash and came from a market stall in Sheffield.